Watch this video: 1m 1s
You must have access to both the classic and new Discovery user interfaces.Your Adaptive Planning left navigation menu will look like the following:
If you do not have access to Discovery, but think you should – contact the admin for your instance and request permission. See Moving to the New User Interface for Discovery for more information.
You can import perspectives from the classic user interface to the new user interface at anytime. You can:
- Use the Import Perspectives tool to import a classic perspective. The import iterates through each dashboard and chart in the perspective and moves them to the new user interface. The import dialog provides details of the conversion. Unsupported classic charts and settings are not imported.
- Import perspectives many times. Each import creates a copy of the perspective in the new user interface. Importing does not change the original, classic perspective.
- Check imported charts in the new user interface to make they visualize data as expected.
- Hide or Show the Import Perspectives tool from admin settings.
Imported perspectives, dashboards, and charts are not shared. You choose when to switch your viewers and collaborators from the classic to the new Discovery experience.
Import a Perspective
The following is a Perspective Overview with the Import Perspectives tool. Perspectives available for import are ones that you have created or can edit from the classic user interface. Imported perspectives are added to your Personal folder in the new user interface.
- Navigate to DiscoveryNew.
- On the perspective overview and click Import Perspectives.
- Choose a perspective to import from the list. You can import one perspective at a time. The import process displays a dialog with details of the import process. Click OK to close this dialog. The imported perspective opens in view mode.
Check Imported Charts
Before sharing a perspective with others, check the charts in the perspective. Verify that they imported as expected. You can edit the chart or re-import perspective. You can review import messages on any chart with unsupported settings. The following is a perspective with a chart that has import messages:
- Navigate to the imported perspective and browse each dashboard.
- Review each imported chart. Hover your mouse over the chart and click to review import messages. Only charts with import messages will have this icon.
You can view Import Messages from either Grid mode or Edit mode.
- Hide the import message from a chart. Check Don't show this again and click OK. The icon is hidden from the chart.
- Share the perspective when you are ready.
Hide or Show the Import Perspective Tool
If you are the admin for your instance, you can hide or show the Import Perspectives tool any time. Go to Administration > System > Discovery Preferences to change this setting. Turning off the Import Perspectives tool will hide the Import Messages icon from charts.