Although this does not appear as a window in the Editors menu, it serves a similar function to the Data Settings editor. To access this window, mouse over the heading of a column and click the drop-down arrow.
The Column Properties editor has three tabs:
Data (varies depending on the column type)
- Name: The full name of the column.
- Short name: The abbreviated name of the column, used when Short Name is selected in Header display or when the column is too narrow for the full name to fit. If no short name is specified for the account or metric, the system generates one automatically.
- Header display:Choose whether columns default to the full name or the short name.
- Reference:The first number in the variance calculation.
- Comparison: The second number in the variance calculation.
- Formula: This automatically displays the formula created by the drop-down selections above it.
- Version: Select the version the column references.
- Units: Select the units for the column, or leave it set to the default.
- Summary Row: If a summary row has been placed in the grid, select what it displays for this column.
- Show zone: If zones have been set up for this data series, check this box to enable them for the grid.
- Expression: Click Edit Expression to enter a formula for this column.
- Group: Select to group data based on the selected column.
- Sub Totals: Select to display a sub total for each group.
- Alignment: Select the alignment for the cells in the column.
- Foreground color: Select the color for text and symbols in the column.
- Background color: Select the color for the background of the cells in the column.
- Format: Make the column text bold, italic, or underlined.
- Border Sides: Select the borders that should appear around the column’s cells.
- Border Format: Select the type of border the column should have.
- Border Color: Set the color of the column’s border.
- The editing window at the top is where the list of format rules are displayed. To add a format rule, click Add, then click Edit for the new entry. The Expression dialog appears, where you can enter a format rule.
- The lower section includes all the editors from the Display tab except for Alignment. To set a format rule’s format properties, click it in the list, then edit the various display options.
Note: Format rules are applied in the order in which they appear in the list. To change the order of the list, highlight the rule you want to move, then click the up and down arrows to move it up or down in the list.