Explore Cell provides details about the data contained within a cell, report, or chart.
How You Get There
- To open the window from sheets, reports, intercompany eliminations, and formula validations, right-click a data point and select Explore Cell.
- To open the window from charts, right-click and select Explore Data.
Take Action from the Explore Cell Window
What you can see and do from the Explore Cell window depends on your permissions and your access.
On the left, find information about the dimensions, such as account, level, and time. From here you may be able to link to the:
- Settings of the account and level.
- Values of the account, level, or time rollups. This opens an Explore Cell window for the rollup data.
On the right, find information about the value. From here you may be able to:
- Link to other sheets that display the value.
- Retrieve an audit trail report to view the history.
- Drill into source details, such as Workday report objects, Transactions, and NetSuite data.
- Review the formula if there is one.
On the bottom, find information about contributing data. Depending on the contributing factors of the data, you may be able to:
- Open another Explore Cell window for each formula component or for the source account of linked accounts.
- Drill into contributing versions, accounts, levels, or custom dimensions.
- See the currency for the selected data.