Describes how to use the cell explorer to identify formula errors and audit cell changes.
Right-click and select Explore Cell to drill into the value of a cell:
- See the formula or linked account that calculates the value.
- View the notes.
- Link to other sheets the account is visible on.
- Drill into contributing data.
Explore cell is available from any sheet, reports, the Intercompany Eliminations screen, and the Validate Formulas screen.
- View Audit Trail: (may require additional permissions) Launches the history of user-entered changes for a cell, and tracks changes resulting from imports and formula updates.
- Drill Into NetSuite: (appears if the cell value is an actuals value that has been imported from NetSuite) Launches a NetSuite transaction detail report for this cell.
- Drill into Transactions (appears if the cell corresponds with an account, level, and time where at least one transaction has been loaded) Launches a Transaction Detail report for the cell.
- Open and Edit Related Sheets: Click the links to the related sheets, listed on the right panel under Visible on the following sheets. The sheet will open and you can edit the underlying cell.