With Dashboards permissions, create charts from your standard sheets and save them to your dashboard. In standard sheets, you can only build Dashboards charts with the data in the sheet. Go to Dashboards to build charts with other data. Check out the Dashboards articles to fully understand chart types and time settings.
Before You Begin
- Required permissions: Access Discovery > Visualize Data from Modeling Engine.
- You need a standard sheet.
How You Get There
Interface Tour of Dashboards in Sheets
1 Select the cells from the sheet. This data displays in chart when you select Chart from the sheet toolbar.
2 Chart name: Edit the chart name.
3 Chart options:
|Select chart type.|
|See the chart in full screen.|
|Save to Dashboards.|
4 Time settings.
5 Versions and accounts: Add more accounts and versions to the chart.
Create Dashboards Charts in Sheets
- Select the cells for the chart.
- Select Chart . You see the chart to the right of the sheet.
- Change the name of the chart.
- Select Chart Options to change the type of chart and chart detail level.
- Adjust the time settings to view the data. See Dashboards time settings for each type of chart. Most charts allow you to:
- Choose to show a single period or a range.
- Choose the date for single period or the start and end date of a range.
- Choose time period (month, quarter, year) depending on your instance's calendar configuration.
- You can add versions and accounts to display more data.
- Save the chart.