Contains preview content for the upcoming 2019.3 release.
The default view of the your sheet is set by your admin. You can pivot the sheet and use filters to get to the data you want to see. You can also save your own initial view. Choose from these options to change your view of sheets:
- Swap the rows and filters.
- Change dimensions and coordinates in cube sheets.
- Reset the display options.
See Filter Sheets to learn how to filter out data in modeled sheets, and suppress zeros and blank rows in all sheets.
Before You Begin
- Pivot cube and standard sheets. You can't pivot a modeled sheet.
- If your model has different currencies for different levels, check the currency before you review or enter data. See Multi-Currency On Sheets.
How You Get There
How the Initial and Default Views Work
The initial view and the default view are different. Your admin sets the default view for all users for cube and standard sheets. You can save your own initial view anytime you change the view and save the sheet. When you return to the same sheet and version, you see the filters, rows, columns, and dimensions you saved.
Select Reset Display Options to return to the view your admin created.
Swap Rows and Filter in Standard Sheets
Watch the video: (34s)
When accounts are down the rows, right-click in the first column, and select View by level. The levels display down the rows and you can filter the accounts. To switch back, right-click in the first column and select View by Account.
Change Dimensions and Coordinates in Cube Sheets
Watch the video: (1m)
Swap the Columns and Rows
Select Swap Columns and Rows to swap the current rows with the current columns. For example, if you have time across the columns and accounts down the rows, select this button to display accounts across and time down the rows.
Drag and Drop Filters into Columns and Rows
You can swap any dimension or attribute filter in cube sheets to the columns or rows.
Dimensions and attributes are built into cube sheets by your modeling admin.
Drag a dimension or attribute from the top of the sheet. Wait until the cell turns blue, then drop into:
- The first column of any row to replace the current row dimension. Or if there's nested dimensions in the rows, drop it on the one you want to replace.
- The header row of any column to replace the column dimension.
Use the Change Dimensions Button
Change Dimensions lets you manage the columns, rows, and filters all at once.
- Select Change Dimensions . On the left side, choose your columns and rows. On the right, select your filters. As you select dimensions for the columns and rows, they become unavailable in the Filters section.
- From the Columns drop-down, choose one dimension or attribute.
- From the first Rows drop-down, choose one dimension or attribute.
- (Optional) Choose more dimensions in the additional row drop-downs. These nest within the dimension above it.
- For the filters, select the values from each available dimension to filter the sheet.
- Select OK.
Revert to Your Admin's Default View
To revert back to the initial view, select Reset Display Options and Save.