Review and add notes to any cell within a sheet. Cell notes "stick" to the cross-section of time, accounts, levels, and versions.
How Cell Notes Work
Cells with notes have red triangles in the corner. Add cell notes to almost any cell unless:
- The version or level is locked.
- The cell is not a standard data cell (for example, the header cell of a column).
Cell notes are part of specific versions. You can only see cell notes and search cell notes in the version you selected. Notes in sub-versions do not roll up to the parent version. For example, if a cell note is added to a sub-version of actuals, Pre-Elimination, you don't see the note if you're in the parent version, Actuals.
Notes in levels do not roll up to parent levels. So, you can see the notes of Canada when you select Canada. You must select either Sales or Services to see their respective notes.
Cell notes in a linked account do not save in the source account.
Cell notes are separate from sheet notes, report notes, and workflow level notes.
Before You Begin
How You Get There
Add or Edit Cell Notes
- Right-click on the cell and select Add Note, or Edit Note if a note exists already.
- Enter the note or edit and click OK.
- Click Save.
Delete Cell Notes
Right-click the cell and select Remove Note.
Search for Cell Notes
May require additional permissions.
To find cell notes across all sheets:
- Go to Sheets > Overview.
- Pick the version and level you want to search from the drop-down menus.
- Click Search Cell Notes.
- Enter criteria or leave the criteria fields blank to find all notes in the version and level (including any sublevels).
- Click Search.
- From the search results list, click the magnifying glass icon to open Cell Explorer. From there you can see the data, the note, the account, level, date, and sheets.