Audience: Planners who enter data in sheets.
Depending on the cell and the sheet, you can choose any number of ways to enter and edit data. Link to more information in this article.
Before You Begin
How You Get There
Steps to Enter Data in Basic Cells
Watch this video: 54s
- Click in a white or blue cell or highlight a range of cells.
- Choose a method to enter data:
- Type data into a single cell and press enter.
- Type data in the formula bar and click the green checkmark.
- Type formulas in the formula bar or click Formula Assistant.
- Use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, and Ctrl+V. See Copy and Paste Reference.
- Copy Forward or Copy Downward to enter data into multiple cells across rows and columns.
- Make adjustments to ranges of data.
- Enter rollup values (blue cells) and break the value back into contributing cells.
- Select checkboxes, switches, or drop-down selections.
- Use sparklines.
- Add cell notes.
- Click Save . Data text is blue until you save.
See Create Formulas.
- For unsaved work (the text is blue): Click Refresh Sheet .
- For saved work when the cells are editable (white or blue background): Click in the cell and press Delete or Backspace from your keyboard, or type in new data and press enter.
Best Practice: Click Refresh Sheet before you enter data, after you save you work, or to delete your unsaved work.