Audience: Planners who enter data in sheets.
Depending on the cell and the sheet, you can choose any number of ways to enter and edit data. Link to more information in this article.
Before You Begin
How You Get There
Steps to Enter Data in Basic Cells
Watch this video: 54s
- Click in a white or blue cell or highlight a range of cells.
- Choose a method to enter data:
- Type data into a single cell and press enter.
- Type data in the formula bar and click the green checkmark.
- Type formulas in the formula bar or click Formula Assistant.
- Use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, and Ctrl+V. See Copy and Paste Reference.
- Copy Forward or Copy Downward to enter data into multiple cells across rows and columns.
- Make adjustments to ranges of data.
- Enter rollup values (blue cells) and break the value back into contributing cells.
- Select checkboxes, switches, or drop-down selections.
- Use sparklines.
- Add cell notes.
- Click Save . Data text is blue until you save.
See Create Formulas.
To revert unsaved changes to the previous values, click Refresh Sheet . This also updates the sheet with the most recent saved edits from other users.
To clear saved or unsaved data, select one or more editable cells and:
- Press Delete or Backspace from your keyboard.
- Right-click and select Clear.
Clearing data generally results in blank cells, with these exceptions:
- Clear isn't available for blue cells.
- Delete, Backspace, and Clear result in zero for cumulative accounts that have the Plan by Delta account setting.
- Delete, Backspace, and Clear result in no change for cells with shared formulas. Instead, enter zero to clear.
- Delete, Backspace, and Clear result in no change for text selector and level selector cells in modeled sheets. Instead, choose another selection. You can clear text selector cells that have custom dimensions.