Audience: Planners who enter data in sheets.
Depending on the cell and the sheet, you can choose any number of ways to enter and change data. Link to more information in this article.
Watch this video: 54s
- Open Sheets.
- Click in a white or blue cell or highlight a range of cells.
- Choose a method to enter data:
- Type data into a single cell and press enter.
- Type data in the formula bar and click the green checkmark.
- Type formulas in the formula bar or click Formula Assistant.
- Use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, and Ctrl+V. See Reference: Copy and Paste.
- Copy Forward or Downward.
- Adjust the Values of Multiple Cells.
- Change Rollup Values in Cells with Breakback (blue cells).
- Change Switches, Check Boxes, and Drop-Downs in Sheets.
- Show Sparklines.
- Add or Change Cell Notes.
- Click Save from the toolbar. Data text is blue until you save.
See Create Formulas.
To revert unsaved changes to the previous values, click the Refresh Sheet button. This also updates the sheet with the most recent saved changes from other users.
To clear saved or unsaved data, select one or more cells and:
- Press Delete or Backspace from your keyboard.
- Right-click and select Clear.
Clearing data generally results in blank cells, with these exceptions:
- Clear isn't available for blue cells.
- Delete, Backspace, and Clear result in
- Zero for cumulative accounts that have the Plan by Delta account setting.
- No change for cells with shared formulas. Instead, enter zero to clear.
- No change for text selector and level selector cells in modeled sheets. Instead, choose another selection. You can clear text selector cells that have custom dimensions.