As a process administrator, use the process overview to manage and track:
- Overall progress on a process. View the number of tasks in different stages of completion.
- Individual and group task statuses:
- For an individual task, you can view the profile of the assignee or click More to see the name of the assignee. Either the assignee or a user with privileges to complete any task can complete the task.
- For a group task of type All, click More to see details such as progress percentage and who completed or did not complete the task. Assignees can mark their portions of the task as complete. Users with Complete Any Task permission and assigned to the group task can complete their portion of the task or the entire task. Users with Complete Any Task permission but not assigned to the group task can mark the entire task as complete or incomplete.
- For a group task of type Any, a group member can move a task to incomplete status even if another group member completed it. A confirmation message displays for current user to confirm the task status change. Users with Complete Any Task permission but not assigned to the group can mark the task as complete or incomplete.
- For all group tasks, confirmation messages display to confirm task status changes.
Before You Begin
- Required permissions to manage processes and tasks:
- Access Process Tracker
- Complete Tasks Assigned to Self
- Complete Any Task
- Manage Tasks
- Manage Processes
- New to Processes? See Get Started with Processes and Tasks.
How You Get There
From the nav menu, click Processes> Overview. From the Process menu, select the process.
Add Notes or Attachments to a Task
As a process administrator, you can add notes and attachments to a process task to add more context to the task.
- To add a note, hover over the task and click More. Click Notes.
- To add an attachment, hover over the task and click More. Click Attachments.
Notify Task Owners
As the process administrator, you can select the option to auto-send task notifications when creating a process. Every standard task auto-sends a notification to the assignees. If you do not select the auto-send option in the process, you can send notifications later after creating all tasks. Click the Process actions menu and select Send Notification. Assignees receive a message and a link to the process guide for the process.
Print a Report
To view your process tasks in a printable state, print a report of all process tasks. Click the Process actions menu and select Print Process.
Update Group Task Members
Your administrator can add or delete members from a user group that is assigned a process task. See User Groups.
Changes to group members can impact in-progress and completed tasks:
- Incomplete tasks update dynamically. For example, the percent completion changes, the deleted member no longer sees the task in their process guide; the new member now sees the task in their process guide.
- For completed tasks, a new group member sees the task in their process guide as checked or complete. If they then uncheck the task, the task status changes to incomplete for all group members.
You can assess a group task progress and changes to the group from the task card. Review the task percent completion and number of users who completed or didn't complete the task.
Edit or Delete a Process
- Click the Process actions menu and select Manage Process.
- Edit the details.
- To delete the process and all associated tasks, click Delete.
- Save changes.
Edit or Delete a Process Task
To edit or delete a process task, hover over the task and click Edit. Edit the details. You can reassign individual tasks that you already created. You cannot change the assignment type for a group task. Create a new group task to assign to a different group.
To delete the task, click Delete.