Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) is an open-standard, XML-based format for exchanging authentication and authorization between an identity provider and a service provider. One of its advantages is that it makes single sign-on (SSO) possible between multiple online services.
This page allows you to configure Adaptive Insights to accept SAML tokens from various identity providers.
For detailed instructions on setting up SAML SSO, please see the SAML SSO Documentation.
The SAML SSO Settings page is where you configure Adaptive Insights to interact with your Identity Provider. SAML Configuration fields on this page are:
• SAML version - What level of SAML to use to interact with your Identity Provider
• Identity provider name - The name of the identity provider you are linking to Adaptive
• Identity provider entity ID - The ID of the identity provider. This is generally found in the Admin section of your identity provider's interface.
• Identity provider SSO URL - The URL used by the identity provider to directly log in to Adaptive Insights. Usually in a form similar to:
• Custom logout URL - Optional. Enter a URL to load when the user clicks Logout from the Adaptive suite.
• Identity provider certificate - Click Browse to upload the certificate downloaded from your identity provider's interface.
• SAML user ID type - Select the user ID type to be used: the user's Adaptive Insights username or their federation id.
• SAML user ID location - Select where in the SAML token the user ID can be found.
You can also use the Enable SAML menu to enable or disable SAML SSO, or to allow both SAML SSO and Adaptive login. To login from the Adaptive Insights login page using SAML SSO, users can leave the password field empty to be forwarded to your Identity Provider for authentication.