In this screen, you can map dimensions from the source instance to the current (target) instance.
- Source Dimension - This column displays all of the dimensions in the linked sub-instance.
- Target Dimension - This column displays all of the dimensions in the current (target) instance.
To establish mappings between the Source Dimension and the Target Dimension, follow these steps:
- Locate the source dimension that you want to map and click to select it. You can use the search box to quickly locate the source dimension name in the list.
- In the Mapping Details section of this screen, locate the target dimension and click to select it. You can use the search box to quickly locate the dimension name in the list. Each target dimension can only be mapped to one source dimension. If a target dimension has already been mapped, it will appear disabled in the Mapping Details section. You can create multiple mappings for a given source dimension. If you click a source dimension you can Control-Click to select multiple target dimensions.
- Once you have located and selected the target dimension, click Save.
- After the link has been established between the source and target dimensions, Dimension Value Mapping for ... links will appear in the Mapping Details section. Click these links to establish the dimension value mappings.
You can click the Printable View button to get an export of the dimension mappings in this screen in as an Excel file.
For additional information on related topics, see the following: