This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
What users belong to each category in Access Control and what do the access settings control within our model?
The Access Control section of Version Details (Modeling > Manage Versions) allows Administrators to determine what different types of users will be able to view and edit within specific Versions.
Access Control Options
1. Locked versions
Checking this box will lock this version from edits for all users.
Any global changes made that impact all versions will still effect locked versions
2. Administrators, Users, Editable sheet access
All users are assigned a role (in Administration > Edit User).
Below are descriptions for how each of these categories (or User Types) are defined.
- Administrators are users who have a role with the Version Admin Permission (Administration > Roles and Permissions)
- Editable sheet access are users who have roles with Editable sheet access (Administration > Roles and Permissions)
- Users is a catch-all for all other types of user
The Access Level for each of these User Types in Access Control are as follows:
For the specified User Type (Administrator, Users, or Editable sheet access):
- Hidden: The Version will be completely hidden from view.
- Locked: The Version cannot be edited, but it can be viewed.
- Locked Except Notes: The Version cannot be edited, but it can be viewed and notes can be viewed and added.
- Import And Notes Only: Data can be imported, notes can be viewed and added, but data cannot be edited once imported.
- Full Access: All data can be viewed, edited, and imported based on level access.
Users can be placed into a User Group if special access needs to be granted to users who would not normally have access for a particular Version. User Groups can be created in Administration > Global User Groups. You can add specific Users to the group and/or create a group around User Level Access.
Once a User is placed into a group, the group can be granted the desired Access Level (as described above) .