This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
When should a user be deleted? What needs to be considered before deleting a user?
- All of the user's personal reports will be deleted.
- If you do not want to lose any of the user’s reports, you could consider logging in as the user and moving the personal reports to a shared report folder.
- Any personal perspectives, dashboards or dials in Discovery that are shared with other users (versus being created in the company folder) would be deleted when the user holding those personal items is deleted.
- You may also login as the user and move these items to a shared folder, so as not to lose any of the dials/dashboards.
- The Audit Trail associated with that user is NOT removed.
- Cell and Sheet notes created by the user will NOT be deleted.
- Any shared reports that the user has created will NOT be deleted.
When you might delete a user:
- If the employee leaves the company
- If the employee moves to a separate organization within the company that does not use Adaptive
- If an Admin user leaves the company, we would suggest deleting their user and asking each of your end users to change their passwords to something new as an additional step of security.